VISION AND MISSION
To become a centre of excellence in rural training and research
To empower rural institutions and communities through quality training and research
- To train rural development management trainers who will in turn, produce more initiators to spearhead the development of rural areas and communities;
- To support and improve the capacity of public agencies staffs, social activists and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) initiators as effective delivery agents;
- To be a centre of reference and research, data bank and think tank for rural development programmes and non-formal education;
- To steer the paradigm shift in the management of rural development in order to broaden the minds of the rural populace; and
- To provide technical assistance, advisory services and training to foreign countries related to rural issues in collaboration with international organisations.